City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2020 estimated population is 759.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting.
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on Monday, December 4, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City
Hall. Public Access to the meeting may also be accessed through the following from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8744783529, Telephone: 1-312-626-6799, Meeting ID 874 478 3529
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve November 20, 2023 Regular minutes
- Resolution 2023-1539 authorizing payment of bills and transfers
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Fire Department Report
- Membership Changes
- Approval of new members
- Monthly meeting minutes
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on Lafayette Rd.
- New Business
- Motion to approve Resolution 2023-1540 - A Resolution approving the transfer of $167,539.00 from General Fund to Capital Improvement Fund to pay for costs associated with the construction of the waste water treatment plant.
- Motion to approve Resolution 2023-1541 - A Resolution approving the transfer of $2,430.00 from Local Option Sales Tax Fund to Debt Service Fund to pay loan payment on Fire Department interest free loan.
- Motion to approve Resolution 2023-1542 - A Resolution approving the transfer of $7,500.00 from Water Fund to Debt Service Fund to pay on loan interest and fees on north water main.
- Motion to approve Resolution 2023-1543 - A Resolution approving the transfer of $41,031.00 from Sewer Fund to Debt Service Fund to pay loan interest and fees on waste water treatment plant loan.
- Motion to approve Resolution 2023-1544 - A Resolution approving the transfer of $108,969.00 from Sewer Fund to Debt Service Fund to pay down on sewer loan.
- Motion to approve Resolution 2023-1545 - A Resolution approving the transfer of $438,500.00 from Local Option Sales Tax Fund to Debt Service Fund to pay down on sewer loan.
- WasteWater Treatment Facility Construction Business
- Discuss/Action to approve requested change order(s): None
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667