City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting.
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on Monday, November 21, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City
Hall. Public Access to the meeting may also be accessed through the following from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89275092714, Telephone: 1-312-626-6799, Meeting ID 892 7509 2714
Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve November 7, 2022 meeting minutes and October 6, 2022 work session minutes
- Resolution 2022-1486 authorizing payment of bills and transfers
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (October 2022), Receipts (October 17, 2022-November 21, 2022), Sheriff’s Report (October 2022), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Amy Davison with Black Hawk County Conservation
- Motion to approve Contracted Education Proposal: July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2026 at a cost of $291.00 per year
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on Waterloo Water Works 28E Agreement
- Discuss/Action on People Service Utility Billing Services – Tabled indefinitely
- Discuss/Action on Lafayette Rd.
- New Business
- Discussion on meeting with Black Hawk Gaming Commission
- Motion to approve Resolution 2022-1487 - A Resolution Transferring $7,930.00 from Water Fund to Debt Service to pay for interest on the state revolving fund loan for the north water main on Conard Road.
- Motion to approve Resolution 2022-1488 - A Resolution Transferring $28,452.82 from Sewer Fund to Debt Service to pay for interest on the state revolving fund loan for the wastewater treatment facility project.
- WasteWater Treatment Facility Construction Business
- Discuss/Action to approve requested change order(s): Joint Council Meeting on Tuesday, November 29th at 5pm at Elk Run Heights City Hall
STORM WATER ACTIVITES THROUGH HARTMAN RESERVE NATURE CENTER
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667