City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting.
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the City Council of Raymond, Iowa in the Raymond City Hall located at 101 1st St in Raymond, Iowa at 6:00 p.m. on May 16, 2022 The purpose of this hearing is to solicit citizen input on the proposed Ordinance Amendment Chapter 97 Use of Public Sewers.
The proposed ordinance amendment by amending the following Subsection:
97.09 Sanitary Sewer System Cross Connection Removal – amending the disconnection deadline date of __________(to be set by Council)
This ordinance is meant to address current cross connections in the city's public sewer system. It provides incentives and charges to eliminate such connections.
The public is invited to attend. Any persons wishing to be heard on this matter will be afforded the opportunity to be heard. Written comments will be accepted through the day of the public hearing at Raymond City Hall; PO Box 156; Raymond, Iowa 50667. Oral questions or comments can be directed to (319) 232-6153.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the Raymond City Council of the City of Raymond, Iowa in the City Council Chambers located at 101 1st St. in Raymond, Iowa at 6:00 p.m. on May 16, 2022.
The purpose of this hearing is to solicit citizen input on the proposed ordinance amendment by amending Chapter 99.02 regarding Rates and Service for Sewer.
The sewer service charge will increase $24.00 to make the sewer service charge $82.00 effective July 1, 2022.
Any person wishing to be heard on this matter will be afforded the opportunity to be heard. Written comments will be accepted through the day of the public hearing at Raymond City Hall; PO Box 156; Raymond, Iowa 50667-0156.
Oral questions or comments can be directed to 232-6153.
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on Monday, May 16, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City
Hall. Public Access to the meeting may also be accessed through the following from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8744783529, Passcode: 570349; Telephone: 1-312-626-6799, Meeting ID 874 478 3529
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve May 2, 2022 meeting minutes
- Resolution 2022-1467 authorizing payment of bills and transfers
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (May 2022), Receipts (April 19, 2022-May 16, 2022), Sheriff’s Report (April 2022), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on Waterloo Water Works 28E Agreement – Tabled until City Attorney receives update on negotiations
- Discuss/Action on People Service Utility Billing Services – Tabled indefinitely.
- Discuss/Action on 2022 Fall Curbside Cleanup
- Discussion on public works
- New Business
- Motion to open public hearing to amend Ordinance Chapter 97 Use of Public Sewers – amending subsection 97.09 Sanitary Sewer System Cross Connection Removal, changing the disconnection deadline date to be determined by City Council
- Motion to close public hearing
- Motion to pass the first reading of proposed Ordinance No. 217
- Motion to set date for second reading of proposed Ordinance No. 217 or motion to suspend second and third readings of proposed Ordinance No. 217 and put Ordinance No. 217 up for final adoption.
- Motion to adopt proposed Ordinance No. 217
- Discuss/Action on Amending Ordinance Chapter 99.02 – Sewer Service Charge
- Motion to open public hearing
- Motion to pass first regarding of proposed Ordinance No. 218
- Motion to set date for second reading of proposed Ordinance No. 218 or motion to suspend second and third readings of proposed Ordinance No. 218 and put Ordinance No. 218 up for final adoption.
- Motion to adopt proposed Ordinance No. 218
- Public Hearing on Adopting Budget Amendment for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2022 Resolution
- No. 2022-1468
- Motion to Open Public Hearing
- Motion to Close Public Hearing
- Motion to approve or reject Resolution No. 2022-1468 and authorize City Clerk to
- submit to County Auditor
- Motion to approve Resolution 2022-1469, Resolution Approving the Transfer of money from General Fund $26,817.97 & Sewer Fund $8,442.03 to Capital Improvement Fund to pay for Engineering Costs and Up-To-Date Construction Costs associated with the Raymond & Elk Run Heights Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Waste Water Treatment Facility Construction Business
- Discuss/Action to approve requested change order(s): None
STORM WATER ACTIVITES THROUGH HARTMAN RESERVE NATURE CENTER
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667