City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting.
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on Monday, January 17, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City
Hall. Public Access to the meeting may also be accessed through the following from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8744783529, Passcode: 570349; Telephone: 1-312-626-6799, Meeting ID 874 478 3529
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve January 3, 2022 meeting minutes
- Resolution 2021-1448 authorizing payment of bills and transfers
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (December 2021), Receipts (December 21, 2021 – January 17, 2022, Sheriff’s Report (December 2021), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Discussion on budgeting for cleaning sewer lines with PeopleService Jordan Cooper
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement
- Street Department Report
- Discussion on overlaying concrete section of West Lafayette Rd.
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on Waterloo Water Works 28E Agreement – Tabled until City Attorney receives update on negotiations
- Discuss/Action on People Service Utility Billing Services – Tabled indefinitely.
- New Business
- Motion to approve Monday, January 24, 2022 at 6 PM as the 2nd FY23 Budget Work Session
- Motion to approve Gross Annual Wages of City Employees for Calendar year 2021
- Motion to approve Resolution 2022-1449 – A Resolution to Appoint City Clerk and Set Pay Rate
- Motion to approve Resolution 2022-1450 – A Resolution to Appoint City Treasurer and Set Pay Rate
- Motion to approve Resolution 2022-1451 – A Resolution to Appoint Public Works Employees and Set Pay Rate
- Council Appointments for Planning & Zoning, and Board of Adjustments
- Waste Water Treatment Facility Construction Business
- Discuss/Action to approve requested change order(s): None
STORM WATER ACTIVITES THROUGH HARTMAN RESERVE NATURE CENTER
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667