City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on August 19, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve August 5, 2019 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1355 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (July 2019), Receipts (July 16, 2019 - August 19, 2019), Sheriff’s Report (July 2019), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works–Tabled until Council hears back from Waterloo Water Works.
- Discuss/Action on master plumber inspection of 508 S. 3rd sewer line
- Discuss/Action on ditch along 306 & 320 N. 4th (properties of Tom McGowan & Jeremy Ades)
- New Business
- Resolution 2019-1356 to fix a Date for a Public Hearing on Proposal to Enter into a Sewer Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement and to Borrow Money thereunder in a Principal Amount not to exceed $352,000.00
- ICAP Insurance Review
- Discuss/Action on MPO Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) Funding Guidelines for Future Funding
- Raymond Town Hall Meeting with Sheriff Tony Thompson, Tuesday, September 10th at 6 p.m. to include tour of firing range.
- Citywide Curbside Clean up Saturday, September 14th starting at 7 AM
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667