City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting.
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on Monday, July 19, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City
Hall. Public Access to the meeting may also be accessed through the following from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8744783529, Passcode: 570349; Telephone: 1-312-626-6799, Meeting ID 874 478 3529
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve July 6, 2021 special meeting minutes
- Resolution 2021-1430 authorizing payment of bills and transfers
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (June 2021), Receipts (June 22, 2021 – July 19, 2021), Sheriff’s Report (June 2021), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- 2020 Annual Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4)
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on snow removal – Tabled until August 2, 2021
- Discussion on garbage/recycle collection
- Discuss/Action on bids received for garbage/recycle collection
- Discuss/Action on Waterloo Water Works 28E Agreement – Tabled until City Attorney receives update on negotiations
- Discuss/Action on People Service Utility Billing Services – Tabled indefinitely.
- New Business
- Motion to approve liquor license for New Star Raymond
- Motion to approve liquor license for Tipsy’z Bar & Grill
- Discuss/Action on tree removal bids
- Motion to approve requested change order #1 from WRH, Inc. for additional sand needed for base
- Waste Water Treatment Facility Construction Business
- Discuss/Action to approve requested change order(s)
STORM WATER ACTIVITES THROUGH HARTMAN RESERVE NATURE CENTER
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667