City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting.
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on Monday, February 6, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City
Hall. Public Access to the meeting may also be accessed through the following from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8744783529, Telephone: 1-312-626-6799, Meeting ID 874 478 3529
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion;
- Approve January 16, 2023 minutes
- Resolution 2023-1497 authorizing payment of bills and transfers
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Fire Department Report
- Membership Changes
- Approval of new members
- Monthly meeting minutes
- Approval of Elected Officers
- Update on Workers Comp Insurance requirements for fire department
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on Waterloo Water Works 28E Agreement
- Discuss/Action on People Service Utility Billing Services – Tabled indefinitely
- Discuss/Action on Lafayette Rd.
- Discuss/Action on amending water connection charges ordinance.
- Discuss/Action on amending junk and junk vehicle ordinance
- New Business
- Motion to approve Gross Annual Wages of City Employees for Calendar year 2022
- Discuss/Action on hiring part-time public works employee
- WasteWater Treatment Facility Construction Business
- Discuss/Action to approve requested change order(s): None
- Budget FY24 Work Session and set date for the Public Hearing for Proposed Property Tax Levy
STORM WATER ACTIVITES THROUGH HARTMAN RESERVE NATURE CENTER
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667