City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on July 15, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve July 1, 2019 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1353 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (June 2019), Receipts (June 18, 2019 – July 15, 2019), Sheriff’s Report (June 2019), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Line Striping Bids to be awarded at the August 5, 2019 Council Meeting
- Discuss/Action on Dubuque Rd. Crack Sealing Proposal from Kluesner Construction, Inc.
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Discuss/Action on Water Shed Study by City Engineer
- Motion to approve Contractor Pay Application #8 of $38,116.47 for North Main Water Loop Project
- Motion to approve Changer Order #2 for North Main Water Loop Project
- Motion to approve Certification of Substantial Completion for North Main Water Loop Project
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works–Tabled until Council hears back from Waterloo Water Works.
- Discuss/Action on master plumber inspection of 508 S. 3rd sewer line
- Discuss/Action on estimate to repair concrete on post office steps and ramp
- Discuss/Action on ditch along 306 & 320 N. 4th (properties of Tom McGowan & Jeremy Ades)
- New Business
- Motion to approve Liquor License for Tipsy’z Bar and Grill.
- Discuss/Action on Watershed Education Proposal with Hartman Reserve Nature Center for FY20.
- Discuss/Action on tuck pointing block foundation at post office and chisel down the concrete on south side of steps
- Discuss/Approval of MSA professional agreement with increase in liability and additional premium cost
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667