City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting.
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on Monday, June 20, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City
Hall. Public Access to the meeting may also be accessed through the following from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8744783529, Passcode: 570349; Telephone: 1-312-626-6799, Meeting ID 874 478 3529
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve June 6, 2022 meeting minutes
- Resolution 2022-1471 authorizing payment of bills and transfers
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (April/May 2022), Receipts (May 17, 2022 - June 20, 2022), Sheriff’s Report (May 2022), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on Waterloo Water Works 28E Agreement – Tabled until City Attorney receives update on negotiations
- Discuss/Action on People Service Utility Billing Services – Tabled indefinitely.
- Discuss/Action on Amending Ordinance Chapter 99.02 – Sewer Service Charge
- Motion to open public hearing
- Motion to close public hearing
- Motion to pass third regarding of proposed Ordinance No. 218
- Motion to adopt proposed Ordinance No. 218
- Discuss/Action on fees for ball diamond rental
- New Business
- Motion to approve the 2021 Annual MS4 Report
- Motion to approve 2-Year Yard Waste Contract with the City of Evansdale at the price of $2,400 per year, July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2024
- Motion to approve Liquor License for Tipsy’z Bar & Grill
- Motion to approve Resolution 2022-1472 - A Resolution Authorizing A Cost of Living Adjustment for Full-time and Part-time City Employees
- Discuss/Action on costs incurred for mowing ordinance violation
- Motion to approve City Clerk’s Vacation Request August 25, 2022-September 2, 2022
- Discuss/Action on parking complaints on Greenbush Drive
- WasteWater Treatment Facility Construction Business
- Discuss/Action to approve requested change order(s): Motion to approve Resolution 2022-1473 - A Resolution Approving Change Order #4 - Adding a cleanout, including but not limited to pipe, valve box, valve fittings, and hardware to the Sludge Force Main line in the amount not to exceed $6,683.68, Raymond’s shar being $3,341.84.
STORM WATER ACTIVITES THROUGH HARTMAN RESERVE NATURE CENTER
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667