City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. The 2010 census reported our population at 788.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on June 19, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve June 5, 2017 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1279 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (May 2017), Receipts (May 16, 2017 – June 19, 2017), Sheriff’s Report (May 2017), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Motion to approve Resolution 1280 – Resolution Authorizing and Approving a Loan Agreement and Providing for the Issuance of a General Obligation Street Improvement Note
- Fire Department Report
- Membership changes
- Approval of new members
- Monthly meeting minutes
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Discuss/Action on broken accessible fun hoop at H.E. Pint Park
- Water & Sewer Report
- Discuss/Action on 2-tier sewer billing system for compliant & non-compliant drainage of sump pump/floor drains/eaves spouts
- Discuss charges for water meter replacements.
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision
- Discuss/Action on Royal Ridge Retention Pond - Discuss proposed detention pond plat for Royal Ridge Development and gift to City of detention pond and possible action to refer to P and Z for their comment and approval.
- Discussion on Raymond Days 2017
- Discuss/Action on load embargo roads in city limits.
- Discuss/Action on sale of fireworks and amending Ordinance 45 Section 23.
- Discuss/Action on Waste Management requesting to change Garbage Picked-up from Thursdays to Mondays effective June 26, 2017.
- New Business
- Motion to approve Liquor License for New Star Raymond Convenience Store
- Motion to approve Cigarette & Tobacco Permit for New Star Raymond Convenience Store
- Motion to approve Yard Waste Facility Contract for FY18 (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018) with City of Evansdale in the amount of $2,400.00
- Motion to approve fireworks display permit to Josh Wittenburg – 145 Taylor Lane
- Motion to approve fireworks display permit to Larry Thies – 6801 Lafayette Rd.
- Motion to approve fireworks display permit to Richard Hernandez – 110 Hunter Ridge Dr.
- Motion to approve fireworks display permit to Tim Gray – 245 Greenbush
- Motion to approve fireworks display permit to Kathi Brandhorst - 580 W. Central
- Discuss/Action on issuing fireworks permit.
- Iowa League of Cities Conference in Davenport September 27-29.
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Raymond Days Committe Meeting will be held Sunday, June 11th at 6 PM at Tipsy'z Bar & Grill. All are welcome to attend!