City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on September 16, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve August 19, 2019 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1358 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (August 2019), Receipts (August 20, 2019 - September 16, 2019), Sheriff’s Report (August 2019), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Fire Department Report – August 2019
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works–Tabled until Council hears back from Waterloo Water Works.
- Discuss/Action on master plumber inspection of 508 S. 3rd sewer line
- New Business
- Motion to approve Resolution 2019-1356 to fix a Date for a Public Hearing on Proposal to8 Enter into a Sewer Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement and to Borrow Money thereunder in a Principal Amount not to exceed $352,000.00
- Motion to approve Resolution 2019-1357 FY19 City Street Financial Report.
- Motion to approve Annual Urban Renewal Report for FY19
- Motion to set public hearing for FY20 Budget Amendment
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667