City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on November 20, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve November 6, 2017 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1293 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (September/October 2017), Receipts (October 17, 2017 – November 20, 2017), Sheriff’s Report (October 2017), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Discuss/Action on installing a flow meter at the South lift station.
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision
- Discuss/Action on 2-tier sewer billing system for compliant & non-compliant drainage of sump pump/floor drains/eaves spouts –
- Open public hearing for comments on proposed Ordinance to AMEND THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF RAYMOND, IOWA TO AMENDING CHAPTIER 97 BY ADDING THE FOLLOWING SUBSECTION: 97.09 SANITARY SEWER SYSTEM CROSS CONNECTION REMOVAL.
- Close public hearing
- Motion to pass second reading of proposed Ordinance 202
- Motion to set date for third reading or waive the third reading of proposed Ordinance 202 and put Ordinance 202 up for final adoption.
- Motion to adopt proposed Ordinance 202.
- Discuss charges for water meter replacements – Tabled until January 2018.
- Discuss/Action on sale of fireworks and amending Ordinance 45 Section 23–Tabled until January 2018.
- New Business
- Approve Annual City Financial Report FY17 and authorized clerk to publish and submit to state.
- Discussion on complaints of Waterloo Courier delivery person driving on the should of V49.
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667