City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on June 18, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
1. Meeting called to order followed by roll call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Revise or approve agenda
4. Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
A. Approve June 4, 2018 regular meeting minutes.
B. Resolution 1315 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
C. Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (May 2018), Receipts (May 22, 2018 – June 18, 2018), Sheriff’s Report (May 2018), Library (N/A).
5. Inquiries from the Audience
6. Motion to Open Public Hearing on Proposal to Enter into a Water Revenue Loan and Disbursement
1. Motion to close public hearing.
2. Motion to Approve Resolution 1316 - A Resolution taking additional action on proposal to enter into a Water Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement.
A. Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
B. Street Department Report
1. Discuss/Action on Crack Sealing 3rd St. from Conard Rd. to Dubuque Rd.
2. Discuss/Action on Concrete Repair on West Lafayette Rd.
3. Discuss/Action on curbing around stop signs on Dubuque Rd. and Commercial St.
C. Parks Department Report
D. Water & Sewer Report
1. Discuss/Action on water meter charges
2. Discuss/Action on the 28E Agreement with Elk Run Heights.
3. Discuss/Action on Resolution 1317 – An Official Policy Commitment to Work Together on a Joint Waste Treatment Infrastructure Solution
E. Engineering Report
8. Old Business
A. Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision
B. Discuss new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works– Tabled until July 2, 2018 Council Meeting.
C. Discuss possible regionalization of fire departments.
D. Discuss/Action on potential ordinance for council compensation
9. New Business
A. Motion to approve Cigarette & Tobacco Permit for New Star Raymond Convenience Store
B. Discuss/Action on Watershed Education Proposal with Hartman Reserve Nature Center for FY19.
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
NOTICE OF PROPOSED ACTION TO INSTITUTE PROCEEDINGS TO ENTER INTO A LOAN AND DISBURSEMENT AGREEMENT IN A PRINCIPAL AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $1,025,000
The City Council of the City of Raymond, Iowa, will meet on June 18, 2018, at Raymond City Hall, in the City, at 6 o’clock p.m., for the purpose of instituting proceedings and taking action to enter into a loan and disbursement agreement (the “Agreement”) and to borrow money thereunder in a principal amount not to exceed $1,025,000, for the purpose of paying the cost, to that extent, of planning, designing and constructing improvements and extensions to the City’s Municipal Waterworks System.
The Agreement will not constitute a general obligation of the City, nor will it be payable in any manner by taxation but, together with any additional obligations of the City as may be hereafter issued and outstanding from time to time ranking on a parity therewith, will be payable solely and only from the Net Revenues of the Municipal Waterworks System of the City.
At the aforementioned time and place, oral or written objections may be filed or made to the proposal to enter into the Agreement. After receiving objections, the City may determine to enter into the Agreement, in which case, the decision will be final unless appealed to the District Court within fifteen (15) days thereafter.
By order of the City Council of the City of Raymond, Iowa.
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667