City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. The 2010 census reported our population at 788.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on October 17, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve October 3, 2016 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1253 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (September 2016), Receipts (September 20, 2016 – October 17, 2016), Sheriff’s Report (September 2016), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Fire Department Report
- Membership changes
- Approval of new members
- Monthly meeting minutes
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Discuss/Action on Filling in ditch on East Lafayette by Washington St.
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Discuss/Action on State Revolving Fund Planning & Design Application for drinking water system
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discussion of the Wastewater Facility Plan Revision
- Jason Miller with MSA Professional Services to update Council.
- Discuss/Action on Williams Ag easement agreement
- Discuss/Action on Royal Ridge Retention Pond - Discuss proposed detention pond plat for Royal Ridge Development and gift to City of detention pond and possible action to refer to P and Z for their comment and approval – Tabled until court action is taken or until a definition of line item 5.10 in the Royal Ridge Development Agreement is received.
- New Business
- Discuss/Action on newer used computer for City Clerk
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
The City Council is looking for Raymond residents who are interested in serving on a committee to head up/serve on a Raymond Days Committee. If interested please contact City Hall at 232-6153.