City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on January 20, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve January 6, 2020 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1369 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (December 2019), Receipts (December 17, 2019 – January 20, 2020), Sheriff’s Report (December 2019), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works
- Discuss/Action on Public Works positions
- New Business
- Review and discuss Ordinance 211, Use of Public Sewers by extending deadline date to June 30, 2020 for sanitary sewer system cross connection removal and extraneous flow fees.
- Motion to open public hearing for Ordinance No. 211
- Motion to close public hearing
- Motion to pass 1st reading of proposed Ordinance No. 211
- Motion to set date for 2nd reading or suspend the 2nd & 3rd readings of Ordinance No. 211 and place it up for final adoption.
- Motion to adopt Ordinance 211
- Discuss/Action on drilling lines to the new wastewater plant for internet access in the amount not to exceed $3,200.00
- Motion to set the date of the public hearing for maximum property tax level rate for March 2, 2020
- Discuss/Action on purchasing chairs
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Discuss/Action on PeopleService request to receive all locate requests for Raymond
- Engineering Report
- Work Session - Begin Budget Development for FY21 and set date for another work session
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667