City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on January 21, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve December 17, 2018 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1333 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (December 2018), Receipts (December 18, 2018 – January 21, 2019), Sheriff’s Report (December 2018), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Motion to approve Contractor Pay Application #4 for North Main Water Loop Project
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on the 28E Agreement with Elk Run Heights
- Discuss/Action on new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works–Tabled until Council hears back from Waterloo Water Works.
- Discussion and potential action on modifying existing sanitary sewer easement for purpose of additional development at 300 S. 3rd also known as Even Storage
- New Business
- Publication of Gross Annual Wages of City Employees for 2018
- Discuss/Action on estimate to lease new copier for City Hall
- Discussion/Action on schedule and potential staggering of elections for council persons and Mayor
- Work Session – Begin Budget Development for FY20
NOTICE OF CONSTRUCTION
RAYMOND NORTH WATER MAIN LOOPING
September 10, 2018
Dear Residents of Raymond,
The North Water Main Looping project is set to begin very soon. Graff Construction of Toledo, IA tentatively plans to have crews on site to begin construction the week of September 17th. This project includes the installation of approximately two miles of water main primarily along Conard Rd, allowing for a second connection to Waterloo Water Works system at Elk Run Road and completing an important water main loop for the City of Raymond. Water main installation will take place this Fall, with final restoration and seeding to take place in the Spring.
In the coming weeks, you can expect to see underground utility location markings and flags. These markings and flags are used to identify conflicts and warn the Contractor to the presence of underground utilities. Please do not disturb the markings or the flags as they are vital throughout the construction process.
Likewise, construction stakes and hubs will be placed to mark out the water main alignment and elevation for the Contractor. Please do not disturb these features.
For residents living near the project corridor, please use caution when traveling near the construction zones, as there will be some debris, stockpiles of materials, equipment and/or personnel working at various times of day. One-way traffic will be maintained along Conard Road at all times during construction. We appreciate your cooperation in following signage and alternating traffic during lane closures.
Patience is appreciated as Graff Construction, the City of Raymond, and MSA work together for a successful and timely completion of the project. Should you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact Jake Huck with MSA or Raymond City Hall.
Jake Huck, PE
Phone: (563) 542-6571
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667