City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that Doug & Kara Weber petitioned the Board of Adjustments of the City of Raymond for the following variance request:
Doug & Kara Weber, owner of the property located at 6322 Lafayette Rd., would like to build a 30x36 shed in addition to the existing 24x30 garage for a total of 1800 square feet.
A public hearing will be held on said petition at 6:00 p.m., on the 7th day of July, 2020 in the Raymond City Hall. Any persons wishing to be heard on this matter will be afforded the opportunity to be heard. Written comments will be accepted through the day of the public hearing at Raymond City Hall; PO Box 156; Raymond, Iowa 50667-0156. Oral questions or comments can be directed to 232-6153.
A G E N D A
The Board of Adjustments will meet on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. in Raymond City Hall.
- Meeting called to order.
- Open Public Hearing for variance request from Doug & Kara Weber, owner of the property located at 6322 Lafayette Rd., requesting to build a 30x36 shed in addition to the existing 24x30 garage for a total of 1800 square feet.
- Close public hearing
- Motion to recommend approval/denial/table of variance request to allow Doug & Kara Weber to build a 30x36 shed in addition to the existing 24x30 garage for a total of 1800 square feet.
- Motion to approve the Minutes of July 2, 2019 meeting.
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on July 6, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City Hall. Participants can come to city hall or participate via Zoom.com: via computer https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87123639364; telephone: 1-312-626-6799 Meeting ID: 87123639364; or in person.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve June 15, 2020 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1389 authorizing payment of bills and transfers
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Fire Department Report
- Membership Changes
- Approval of new members
- Monthly meeting minutes
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discussion/Action on purchasing/leasing gas mower
- Discuss/Action on bids for tree/stump removal in both parks and city right-of-way
- New Business
- Motion to Approve Liquor License for Tipsy’z
- Motion to approve the Contracted Storm Water Education Proposal July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2023 between Black Hawk County Conservation Board (BHCCB) and City of Raymond at a cost of $277.24
- Discuss/Action on estimate for blowing mulch in playground area at H.E. Pint Park & Scott Thome Park.
- Discuss/Action on purchasing new line chalker for ball diamonds
- Discuss/Action on fallen tree at south Raymond Rd. bridge
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667