City of Raymond
Welcome To Our Website!
The City of Raymond welcomes you to our website designed to help residents and visitors find information about our town. Raymond is a great place to live and work. We have an elementary school, two churches, two parks, 300 homes, and several businesses.
We are located just one mile off Interstate 380 and 7 miles east of Waterloo. 2016 estimated population is 809.
Please explore our website and let us know if there is any information you would like to see added. Thank you for visiting
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa will meet in regular session on March 18, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at Raymond City Hall.
- Meeting called to order followed by roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Revise or approve agenda
- Approval of the Consent Agenda – All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion
- Approve March 4, 2019 regular meeting minutes.
- Resolution 1339 authorizing payment of bills and transfers.
- Accept and place on file the minutes and reports from the following Boards, Departments and Commissions (N/A=Not Available): Clerk/Treasurer Report (February 2019), Receipts (February 19, 2019 – March 18, 2019), Sheriff’s Report (February 2019), Library (N/A).
- Inquiries from the Audience
- Building Permits/Inspections/Code Enforcement Report
- Street Department Report
- Discussion on STPG Application for Lafayette Road
- Discuss Street Sweeping
- Parks Department Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Engineering Report
- Old Business
- Discuss/Action on the 28E Agreement with Elk Run Heights
- Discuss/Action on new 28E Agreement with Waterloo Water Works–Tabled until Council hears back from Waterloo Water Works.
- Discussion and potential action on modifying existing sanitary sewer easement for purpose of additional development at 300 S. 3rd also known as Even Storage
- Open Public Hearing
- Close Public Hearing
- Motion to approve Resolution 1340 - A Resolution vacating a portion of the sanitary sewer easement located at 300 s. 3rd also known as Even Storage
- New Business
- Motion to approve 28E Contractual Agreement for Law Enforcement Services with Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Department for FY20.
- Discuss/Action on Watershed Study.
- Motion to Approve Resolution 1341 – A Resolution Approving Application to the Black Hawk County Metropolitan Area Transportation Agency for Surface Transport Block Grant Program Funding and Directing Execution of Said Application by the Raymond City Council
- Motion to Approve Vacation Request for City Clerk August 24, 2019 through August 30, 2019.
- Discuss/Action on City Facebook Page
Public Hearing Notice
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the City Council of Raymond, Iowa in the Raymond City Hall located at 101 1st St. in Raymond, Iowa at 6:00 p.m. on March 18, 2019. The purpose of this hearing is to solicit citizen input on vacating a portion of the Sanitary Sewer Easement located at 300 S. 3rd St.
The City Council of Raymond, Iowa has been approached to vacate a portion of the existing Sanitary Sewer Easement on property legally described as:
The South Sixty (60) feet of that part of the Northeast Fractional Quarter of Section No. Three (3), Township No. Eighty-eight (88) North, Range No. Twelve (12) West of the Fifth (5th) Principal Meridian, Black Hawk County, Iowa bounded as follows: Commencing at a point in the East line of said Section which is Sixty-three (63) rods and Twenty-three (23) links North of the Southeast corner of the Northeast Fractional Quarter of said Section; thence West Ten (10) rods and Twenty-three (23) links; thence South Four hundred eighty-eight (488) feet; thence East Ten (10) rods and Twenty-three (23) links to the East line of said Section; thence North along the East line of said Section to the point of beginning;
A part of the following described premises: Commencing at a point Sixty-three (63) rods and Twenty-three (23) links North of the Southeast corner of the East Fractional One-half of the Northeast Fractional Quarter Section No. Three (3), Township No. Eight-eight (88) North, Range No. Twelve (12) west of the Fifth (5th) Principal Meridian, in Black Hawk County, Iowa; running thence West a distance of Ten (10) Rods and Twenty-three (23) Links; thence South to the North line of the Dubuque and Sioux City Railroad (now the Illinois Central Railroad) Right-of-way; thence Northeasterly along the Northwesterly line of said Right-of-way to the East line of said Section No. Three (3); thence North to the point of beginning: Said part being described as follows: Commencing at the intersection of the West line of Road No. One Hundred Sixty-one (161) with the North line of the Right-of-way of the Illinois Central Railroad; thence running North along the West line of said highway a distance of Sixty-five (65) feet; thence running West at right angles with the last described course to the West line of the tract first above described; thence running South along the West line of said tract first above described to the North line of the said Right-of-way; thence Northeasterly along said Right-of-way to the Place of beginning;
The South Sixty (60) feet of the North Four Hundred Twenty-eight (428) feet of a tract of land described as follows: Commencing at a point on the East line of Section No. Three (3), Township No. Eighty-eight (88) North, Range No. Twelve (12) West of the Fifth (5th) Principal Meridian, Black Hawk County, Iowa, which point is Sixty-three (63) rods and Twenty-three (23) links North of the Southeast corner of the East Fractional one-half of the Northeast fractional quarter of said Section; thence West a distance of Ten (10 rods and Twenty-three (23) links; thence South a distance of Four Hundred eighty-eight (488) feet; thence East of a distance of Ten (10) rods and Twenty-three (23) links to the East Line of said Section; thence North along the East line of said Section to the point of beginning.
The existing sanitary sewer easement is a thirty (30) foot easement which is on the southern border of the property and extends the length of the property just North of an existing railroad track. The City will consider vacating the West half of the North Ten (10) feet of the existing sanitary sewer easement only.
The public is invited to attend. A copy of the associated information for this public hearing is on file for review at Raymond City Hall, 101 1st St. Any persons wishing to be heard on this matter will be afforded the opportunity to be heard. Written comments will be accepted through the day of the public hearing at Raymond City Hall; PO Box 156; Raymond, Iowa 50667. Oral questions or comments can be directed at (319) 232-6153.
NOTICE OF CONSTRUCTION
RAYMOND NORTH WATER MAIN LOOPING
September 10, 2018
Dear Residents of Raymond,
The North Water Main Looping project is set to begin very soon. Graff Construction of Toledo, IA tentatively plans to have crews on site to begin construction the week of September 17th. This project includes the installation of approximately two miles of water main primarily along Conard Rd, allowing for a second connection to Waterloo Water Works system at Elk Run Road and completing an important water main loop for the City of Raymond. Water main installation will take place this Fall, with final restoration and seeding to take place in the Spring.
In the coming weeks, you can expect to see underground utility location markings and flags. These markings and flags are used to identify conflicts and warn the Contractor to the presence of underground utilities. Please do not disturb the markings or the flags as they are vital throughout the construction process.
Likewise, construction stakes and hubs will be placed to mark out the water main alignment and elevation for the Contractor. Please do not disturb these features.
For residents living near the project corridor, please use caution when traveling near the construction zones, as there will be some debris, stockpiles of materials, equipment and/or personnel working at various times of day. One-way traffic will be maintained along Conard Road at all times during construction. We appreciate your cooperation in following signage and alternating traffic during lane closures.
Patience is appreciated as Graff Construction, the City of Raymond, and MSA work together for a successful and timely completion of the project. Should you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact Jake Huck with MSA or Raymond City Hall.
Jake Huck, PE
Phone: (563) 542-6571
Link to the Alert Iowa Website. You can sign up for Alert Iowa warnings: http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/blackhawk_ia/wens.cfm
Storm Water Discharge Hotline 319-232-6153
101 1st St.
PO Box 156
Raymond, IA 50667